Here is my official review for your game, I have individually graded each aspect of this game according to my perspective. So no, not a professional review, but at least you'll get someone else's point of view.
1. Substance - This game, although very basic in look and feel, has a good amount of substance. The style alone makes this game very fun, and look good as well. No extra fancy stuff, and it's better that way. I love simple games, and I enjoyed this.
93 / 100 - A
2. Graphics - Even though the graphics were quite basic, I still found them appropriate for the gameplay. There were a few things I disliked, for one the heat seeking missiles looked too plain, I would have chosen a solid color other then grayish white. But I really liked the retro look of this game, so I cannot judge it alongside any game after 1992 graphically speaking, so I can't give you a bad score for that. Just some minor details could be implemented.
85 / 100 - B
3. Gameplay - It's a very fun game, quite addictive, and something I will play again. I provided a very appropriate difficulty curve that kept my interest in playing. That is huge for any home made flash game. I liked the variety of weapons used, I also liked the point system you created for advancement in the game. Altogether a complete, simple dodging/defense game that was a lot of fun to play. Great work.
95 / 100 - A
4. Originality - The graphics, sound and style were very original. It was the gameplay that kept me wondering if I had played this before. That does not make the game less fun and addicting, just makes it seem a little repetitive. This could be fixed by simply switching up the levels (landscape, background (besides colors), music) on your sequel, which I hope you create.
75 / 100 - C
5. Sound - The music was well done, good mix, good composition, but once again it got very repetitive. I understand this is newgrounds, and you cannot have too much into the music that can take away from the gameplay, so repetitiveness is not an issue. Bass drum was a little loud during the gameplay. Altogether good stuff.
80 / 100 - C+
86% Average Rough Score
*Addictive Bonus - 2 Points
*Retro-Flashback Bonus - 2 Points
*Excellent Overall Game Bonus - 2 Points
Total Score - 92% - A-
I voted 5/5 for this game because I like it, despite my review rating. Great work, I rarely give 9s on reviews and I rarely give a 5 for a vote, so you should be confident that this is good, and you should make more.
Until next time,