ProfessorChaos22ProfessorChaos22

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 3 Fans

Survival Lab Survival Lab

Great Game

Here is my official review for your game, I have individually graded each aspect of this game according to my perspective. So no, not a professional review, but at least you'll get someone else's point of view.

1. Substance - This game, although very basic in look and feel, has a good amount of substance. The style alone makes this game very fun, and look good as well. No extra fancy stuff, and it's better that way. I love simple games, and I enjoyed this.
93 / 100 - A

2. Graphics - Even though the graphics were quite basic, I still found them appropriate for the gameplay. There were a few things I disliked, for one the heat seeking missiles looked too plain, I would have chosen a solid color other then grayish white. But I really liked the retro look of this game, so I cannot judge it alongside any game after 1992 graphically speaking, so I can't give you a bad score for that. Just some minor details could be implemented.
85 / 100 - B

3. Gameplay - It's a very fun game, quite addictive, and something I will play again. I provided a very appropriate difficulty curve that kept my interest in playing. That is huge for any home made flash game. I liked the variety of weapons used, I also liked the point system you created for advancement in the game. Altogether a complete, simple dodging/defense game that was a lot of fun to play. Great work.
95 / 100 - A

4. Originality - The graphics, sound and style were very original. It was the gameplay that kept me wondering if I had played this before. That does not make the game less fun and addicting, just makes it seem a little repetitive. This could be fixed by simply switching up the levels (landscape, background (besides colors), music) on your sequel, which I hope you create.
75 / 100 - C

5. Sound - The music was well done, good mix, good composition, but once again it got very repetitive. I understand this is newgrounds, and you cannot have too much into the music that can take away from the gameplay, so repetitiveness is not an issue. Bass drum was a little loud during the gameplay. Altogether good stuff.
80 / 100 - C+

86% Average Rough Score

Bonus Points

*Addictive Bonus - 2 Points
*Retro-Flashback Bonus - 2 Points
*Excellent Overall Game Bonus - 2 Points

Total Score - 92% - A-

I voted 5/5 for this game because I like it, despite my review rating. Great work, I rarely give 9s on reviews and I rarely give a 5 for a vote, so you should be confident that this is good, and you should make more.

Until next time,

Peace

-Gears- -Gears-

Pro - Good Presentation. Con - Too easy

6/10 - Average.

Presentation:
Really good presentation, nice graphics. Sound was ok, a bit repetitive. 5/5 pts.

Substance:
Game was too easy, too much tutorial. I lost focus, which in turn I lost interest. A plot could fix that ailment. 1/5 pts.

Summary:
Nice looking game, could use a little more substance to help hold a players interest. Maybe a goal other then beating levels and getting points? I give you props on the appearance though, nice work.

Roll Next - The Game Roll Next - The Game

Too busy

There is way too much going on at once in this game, right from level one. The controls are way too complicated, it's just too flashy. And by the way the music is really busy as well.

Graphics - Pretty good, nice colors and overall clear and flashy. A little girly, but that's what you were going for. 8/10

Style - Too much style. Rather annoying actually. The game starts out very busy, not a good first level. And some of the enemies are hard and/or impossible to defeat. I lost interest very quickly. The story at the beginning is pretty corny as well. 2/10

Sound - I didn't like the music at all. That's just my opinion. 3/10

Violence - Not much at all. Could've used some blood. 1/10

Interactivity - The worst rated catagory of all. The controls were very confusing, the setup was poorly placed. It could've been better if the controls were easier to grasp. 1/10

Humor - Not funny at all, pretty annoying actually. 0/10

Overall - Needs some work. Not with graphics, but with storyline and controls. Difficulty is too high with a low interest level. Sorry but this game is worse than Yoshi Story.
2/10

maelstormm responds:

I would guess that you played the game expecting a grab'n'go one, but it's made so that if ya try that you're gonna get spanked. If you (or anyone reading this for that matter) don't want to spend a moment or two learning the in's and out's of the character you picked it's safe to say the game won't be to much fun because dealing with enemies that guard or take a certain approach to beat will = more of said spanking.

Don't know how to work blood into it since they're all robots and it's meant to be a happy-ish mood game.

If you don't like the control setup, then ya can change it >_>

Story is meant to be corny, it's just a goofy lil sidestory for the comic it's based on. If ya haven't read the comic then the story won't make much sense.

Most things are fair enough though, always personal preference on what makes a good game.

SkullHead The GAME SkullHead The GAME

yeah, good effort

I can only rate this game "halfway" (out of 5) because of the length. One minute is not long enough to make it that fun, so I cut the points in half. If it had levels and more things to do, I may give it an 8 overall, but since it's so short and basic it deserves a 4.

It was fun for, well lets see, a minute. Then it's over. I know it's the first of the series, so in the future make the games a lot more diverse. Good effort though, for a really short game it's pretty good. Graphics were good and gameplay in general is pretty good, but you really need to expand, maybe have more of a storyline than Mr. Spider.

Please expand on this idea, you've got a start.

Rocket Tag 2 Rocket Tag 2

Why is this "multiplayer"?

This is not multiplayer, people are not playing against eachother simultaneously, it's basically just a high score board like many games have. I was very disapointed by basically everything this game had to offer. Please someone take this off of multiplayer, it's not even close. Honestly this game really sucked balls, everything about it was not fun, and it was pretty hard to play.
I lost interest very quickly as I knew i could not beat 7,350,600 feet, or even come close. Damn hackers. That would take along time to do. I would rather play kick my friend in the balls then this garbage.

Yoshi's Castle [DEMO] Yoshi's Castle [DEMO]

uhhhh, it's ok

Graphics - Backgrounds are really good, the characters need some work. It's a little glitchy and fuzzy at times. 6/10

Style - You seemed to have missed one of Yoshi's greatest weapons, his tongue. That has always been his primary weapon and you didn't incorporate that into the game. Dissapointing. Everything about the egg throwing game really sucked, you made it too hard to win that part, and it was pretty much at the beginning. This game needs a lot of work. 4/10

Sound - Good use of Yoshi songs, the sound when you pick up eggs was a little too loud. 9/10

Violence - Not really any violence, besides jumping on shyguys and throwing eggs. 1/10

Interactivity - Lacking this in the egg throwing part. It didn't make any sense. The shyguys walked too quickly and Yoshi's aim was horrible. The rest of the game was ok, but that one part really made me lose interest all together. 3/10

Humor - Not very funny, except seeing Mario in his tighty whities.

Overall - Creative representations of the characters, no sprites used. Overall an ok game up until the egg throwing, that ruined the whole game for me. If you made that part a little easier and expanded on this game it would be a lot better.
5/10 --- 3/5

Super Bandit Bros 1-1 Super Bandit Bros 1-1

Pretty good concept

If only Mario would've thought to actually SELL the koopa shells, he could've bought a train ticket to Bowsers Castle instead of walking there. Oh well, I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass now. Seriously though, this was a good game. The concept is cool, I didn't like it when you have to start all over again when you die. That part made it difficult, and the first level was pretty hard for the first level, but that isn't really a bad thing.
When I played it yesterday it worked just fine, now today it's kind of choppy. I'll try again later, I have to beat it.
It is pretty addicting, please finish the sequel soon, make it a priority. Also it would be cool if you could throw the shells as well, then jump on them again to stop them.
Good game though, 5/5.

Clash'N Slash v2 Clash'N Slash v2

Great Game!

This game kicks ass, my only complaint is it is a little easy, but it is fun and it kept my attention, which is important. Great concept, I like the power up system you have here, it makes the game very interesting, especially the world defensive structures. You have a great game here, I enjoyed it!
5/5

Azul Baronis Azul Baronis

it's ok

The screen size is the main problem I have with this game. It's hard to find enemies and kill them with such a small screen. I know that isn't your fault, but because of that I lost interest very quickly. It all moves really fast. It was a pretty good game, I liked the old school shooter mixed with the multiplayer concept, but it wasn't that much fun because of the screen size.

AndrewMartin responds:

That's the point of the radar though?

When there's nothing on the screen, you pretty much fly using the radar entirely. I think maybe it's an issue for people with dark screens or something, because most people seem to have gotten to grips with it fine =/

Bird Smasher Bird Smasher

POINTLESS

This game was pointless. As with many games in the portal (kill as many "whatever" in a given amount of time) it was quite boring. No real objective t it.
This should not be front page matieral. I've played many games that are much better than this that weren't on the front page. Why birds? I guess it was a different concept, but pretty dumb if you ask me. I lost interest very quickly, don't quit your day job.